Is your USB Flash Drive capable of installing Windows 10? Yes, of course. Whether it’s because you are having computer issues or need to upgrade and you’re trying to install Windows 10 via bootable USB, well, you’re at the right place. We have written instructions on how to do it as clearly and as comprehensively as possible so you won’t get lost in the middle of installing your Windows 10.
Microsoft has wrapped up the refinements and improvements with Windows 10, and now is the perfect time for you to make the switch.
Let’s read down a little further to learn more about the easy steps on how we can install Windows 10 from your bootable USB stick.
Installing Windows From A USB Flash Drive
Presumably, you have already prepared your USB flash drive as your installation media. Before that, let’s start, knowing a few things necessary, so you will be able to install your brand new Windows 10 on your computer successfully. But don’t worry though, this is not as complicated as when you think it would be.
What You Need?
Before starting, make sure you have prepared all listed below:
- You should have, of course, an internet connection to download the Windows 10
- Check your Central Processing Unit for 64-bit or 32-bit processors because you will create either a 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows 10. Go to PC info in the settings or System in Control Panel, and look for a System type.
- Windows 10 install .iso or DVD
- USB flash drives come in even numbers of gigabytes spaces(ex. 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, and so on), and for your USB flash drive that will be used for Windows installation, it should be with at least 8GB free space. Your USB will be formatted for Media Creation File, should there be any important files in it, better transfer it first.
- Personal Computer (PC) – This is a Windows PC that you will use in formatting your USB flash drive first.
- Destination – The PC that you will install Windows on and where you should use your USB stick.
- Product key and Microsoft Account: This is your 25-digit product code and your Microsoft Account you received when you bought Windows 10. This will allow you to prove that you are using your copy of Windows.
Formatting Your Drive And Set The Primary Partition As Active
Let’s work on your USB flash drive first. Follow the step-by-step instructions below so your USB flash drive will be bootable:
Step 1: Connect the USB flash drive now to your PC.
Step 2: Open Disk Management: Right-click on Start. Then a message box will appear on your screen so you can choose an option. Choose Disk Management.
Step 3:Next thing you will do is format the partition: Right-click, the USB drive partition, choose Format.
Then select the FAT32 file system to be able to boot either BIOS-based or UEFI-based PCs.
Step 4: Then the last thing you will do is set the partition as active: Right-click the USB drive partition and click Mark Partition as Active. And, voila!! Your USB is now bootable.
Before you start to install your Windows 10, check including the specifications. This is to make sure your PC meets the system requirements for Windows 10.
It is as well recommended that you check first your PC manufacturer’s website for any additional information on whether it has updated drivers and hardware compatibility.
What Is Windows 10 Media Creation Tool?
The Media Creation Tool is used to download Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
This tool includes:
- File formats that are optimized for download speed.
- A built-in media creation options for both USBs and DVDs, and
- You can have an optional conversion to ISO file format.
The Media Creation Tool has a file size of 18.5 MB, and it ends with the version number 2004, which means you are getting Windows 10 with the May 2020 update. You need to download the Tool and save it on your USB drive as it will be used later when you download Windows 10, which should be saved in your USB so you can install Windows 10 on any computer you want to.
So, you’re now all set to start installing Windows 10 to your PC via USB Flash Drive!
Boot your computer using the installer from a USB flash drive with the Windows 10 setup files. In no time, a quick message on the screen appears. You can press any key to continue.
Do follow the instructions you see on your screen, and the Windows 10 logo is shown while the installation wizard is loaded.
You’re doing great! You’re almost near the finish line. But let’s not celebrate just yet; we’re still a few more steps to go through. Once the Windows 10 installer loads up, select your language settings and click next. Then click “Install Now.”
On your main screen, see to it that your flash drive is selected under “Device.” Then click the disk icon next to “create a bootable disk using,” select your ISO and click start. This process typically takes about 10 minutes or so depending on the speed of your PC.
After agreeing to the licensing agreement, greetings will appear on your screen, where you can either upgrade or do a custom install. If your computer is new or wants a clean install, simply click custom. Then the screen will show your partitions.
Yes! You made it!
For further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach us, for we are here for you.
Buy Your Genuine Windows 10 at FastSoftwares Us
If you’re looking for a trusted software company, look no further. FastSoftwares is a legitimate online one-stop-shop eCommerce platform that sells genuine Microsoft Office Products and Keys.
As a Microsoft Certified Partner or MCP and authorized seller of genuine Microsoft, you have the assurance that you are with safe hands. Our expert support team has undergone and passed the Microsoft Certified Training Partner to provide accurate 24/7 lifetime customer support to our customers.
Feel free to contact us with your software concerns. The FastSoftwares team will always be here for you before, during, and after your purchase with us.
Message us right now!