Nowadays, organizations are looking for a convenient way to manage the output of their projects. So with the help of project management software, project managers can track the progress of each project.
This software has become popular in recent years, so the competition became high. As a result, more and more project management software is available in the market. How would you know which is the best for your team?
Are you one of those people who have project planning and monitoring tasks?
Well, Microsoft Project is the right one for you.
What Is Microsoft Project?
Microsoft Project (MP) is a project management software product. It is made and designed to help project managers in managing the projects that they handle easily. It is essential in:
- Developing schedules
- Assigning tasks
- Assigning and managing resources
- Tracking project’s progress
- Managing budgets
- Analyzing workloads
As of the moment, Microsoft Project is never in the Microsoft Office suites that are available in the market. However, you can buy it separately. You may choose between the two editions available: Standard or Professional, depending on your team’s specific needs.
What Are The Features Of The Microsoft Project?
There are lots of things that a project manager needs to do when handling a project. Managing tasks and distributing them to the respective teams needs to be well-documented, and this is what makes Microsoft Project essential.
To give you a better grasp of what Microsoft Project provides, here are some of its features that you need to know:
- Project managers can create or calculate budget/s for resources such as people or teams, equipment, and materials by using MP.
- Schedules such as project timelines and even team member’s in and out can be plotted and tracked.
- You can track and manage workflow and status.
- Gridview is available to plan and manage projects with a list of tasks.
- The project manager can collaborate with team members to update the task lists and schedules.
- Reporting won’t be a problem since there are pre-built reports that track your progress, resources, etc.
What Are The Differences Between Standard And Professional Microsoft Project?
Here are the main differences of Professional and Standard Microsoft Project (based on Microsoft Project 2019 version by Microsoft):
Standard Features And Benefits
- Fully installed, up-to-date Project desktop app.
- Fully installed, up-to-date
- Project desktop app.
- One license covers one PC per person.
- Manage project schedules and costs.
Professional Features And Benefits
- Fully installed, up-to-date Project desktop app.
- One license covers one PC per person. Manage project schedules and costs.
- Manage tasks, reports, and business intelligence.
- Manage resources.
- Sync with Project Online and Project Server.
- Submit timesheets to capture project and non-project time spent for payroll, invoicing, and other business purposes.
Why Microsoft Project Professional 2019?
Microsoft Project has been a great help in project management through the years. Recently, Microsoft introduced a newer version with better and improved features. Now, project managers can cut the work in half and double the progress of tasks for higher productivity.
Here are some of the improved features you can enjoy with MS Project Professional 2019:
Use of drop-down menu to link tasks
Remembering the ID of the tasks that users want to link can be tricky, but they don’t have to go through this hassle anymore. With Microsoft Project Professional 2019, users can simply select a cell in the Predecessor column, click the down arrow, and see the list of the project’s tasks. The good thing is that the order of tasks exactly matches your project, so you can simply scroll to the specific task. You can also select tasks from the drop-down menu in the Successors column.
Task Summary Name field
Identifying which tasks are under a project’s phase can be a bit of a challenge for users. With the new feature, users can add the Task Summary Name field as a column in your task view to see the task’s phases.
Timeline bar labels and task progress
Tracking the progress of a project can be challenging to project managers. In Microsoft Project Professional 2019, tracking just got easier. Users may now see the task progress next to the tasks themselves. They can also label the timeline bars to avoid confusion. This feature makes communication and project presentation quick and easier for users.
Microsoft has been continuously improving the features of its products to make them easier to use. There are built-in accessibility features in Microsoft Project Professional 2019, so users don’t have to look for additional accessibility aids. Users can zoom in and out the screen display or reports, change the text colors according to their liking, change the appearance of bars, boxes, link lines, and text in a view, and lastly, users can add buttons in the Quick Access Toolbar located above the ribbon.
Why is this the best? Simple. These new and improved features of Microsoft Project Professional 2019 are beneficial to both project managers and other users. Indeed, projects can be handled more effectively and efficiently from start to finish.
How To Buy A Microsoft Project Professional 2019 License?
It is now easier to buy a Microsoft Project license as it can be purchased from online stores. You can simply download the product and license upon product check-out.
- Go to www.fastsoftwares.com, where you can find a genuine Microsoft Project Professional 2019 license.
- On the home page, click Shop Now or simply type the product description on the search bar.
- Select the product that you wish to buy, and proceed to check-out.
- You will automatically get your product and license in your inbox after check-out.
- A digital download is also available at Microsoft Store.
What are you waiting for? Start shopping Microsoft Project at FastSoftwares now!