What is Windows Set-Up Remediations?
If you are one of those Windows enthusiasts, keeping your Windows updated at all times and found out about this Windows Setup Remediations (KB4023057), fret not! The Windows Setup Remediations is a legitimate update from Microsoft. This may be a weird program found on your installed lists but this Windows Setup remediation is a Windows servicing stack update that includes reliability improvements. This update includes files and resources that address issues that affect the update processes in Windows 10. This process aims to improve the quality of your Windows Updates and make them more seamless.
This Windows Setup Remediation makes changes on your system like fixing corrupt Windows files, requesting your device to stay awake longer to enable installation of updates, changing network settings, and various other changes to fix problems in Windows Update itself.
The Windows Setup Remediations updates itself and can be updated before or during Windows Update.
The Windows Setup Remediation also contains important files needed in making an update to the latest version of Windows not only faster but more convenient as well.
Windows Setup Remediations may also show up as a part of the sedsvc.exe process, found in the C:\Program Files\rempl folder.
You may find yourself asking, is Windows Set-Up Remediations Safe?
If you may find that this Windows Setup remediation is weird for you, then better keep reading for you to find the answer before deciding to click that uninstall button on your computer. The Windows Setup Remediations is a Microsoft program and is only used for updating Windows. So, to answer that question running in your mind, Windows Setup Remediations is entirely safe, and better leave it alone.
Always remember, without Windows Setup Remediations, there is no guarantee that your updates in the future will go smoothly and as easier as it was. This Windows Setup remediation works to ensure your computer has enough time to download update files, fixes your corrupted Windows Update files, creates a restore point, clears space on your drive, and the list goes on.
If you’re set on removing Windows Setup Remediations, skip ahead to the How to remove Windows Setup Remediations section.
But if you are still wondering if you can remove Windows Set-Up Remediations
The answer is YES! You can remove the Windows Setup Remediations just like any other program you have.
But remember, deleting or removing your Windows Setup Remediations is not recommended since this program is used for the reliability of Windows Update. Well, we mentioned that earlier! It will even be offered in the next Windows updates even if you have already uninstalled this program. And since this will be offered over and over again, you better not delete your Windows Setup Remediations!
Even before you decide on deleting or removing Windows Setup Remediations on your computer, have you already asked yourself what are the things it can do for you?
Here are some of the facts that will help you better understand how the Windows Setup Remediations works for you:
- Windows Setup Remediations can request your device to operate and stay awake longer in order to install updates.
- The installation will respect any user-configured sleep configurations and also your “active hours” when you use your device the most.
- Reset network settings if problems are detected.
- Clean up Registry keys preventing updates from being installed successfully.
- Updates are done by the Windows Setup Remediations repair disabled or corrupted Windows components like its Operating System, that impact the applicability of Windows updates.
- Windows Setup Remediations compresses files in your user profile directory which will help to free up enough disk space so you can install important updates.
- Reset the Windows Update database and repair problems. It means it repairs the problems that could possibly prevent Windows update from installing successfully and you may find that your Windows Update history was cleared.
If you are not really convinced that the Windows Setup Remediations application has a special place on your computer, then you can always remove it.
But bear in mind, this will be offered over and over again, meaning, your system will always attempt to re-download and install it each time you update your Windows.
How Do I Uninstall the Windows Setup Remediations (KB4023057) via Apps?
Simply follow the following steps:
- Click on the Windows icon in the bottom-left of your screen, then choose Settings (gear icon).
- Click on Apps
- Use the Search function to locate Windows Setup Remediations. You can also search for KB4023057 if the first search is unsuccessful. Search, sort, and filter by drive. If you would like to uninstall or move an app, select it from the list.
- Click on Windows Setup Remediations and choose Uninstall.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to finish removing the program.
You can also use Programs & Features, available in the classic Control Panel to remove Windows Setup Remediations.
TIP for you: If you have done everything and still none of the methods had worked for you, we recommend using Restoro Repair Tool which can scan the repositories to replace corrupt and missing files. Restoro will also optimize your system for maximum performance.
You can download Restoro by Clicking Here
We hope that this article has helped you in teaching you what Windows Setup Remediations is, what it does to your computer, and give you ways on how you can uninstall or remove it if you want to.
You may also visit the Microsoft Office page for other information about the Windows Setup Remediations.