Would you like to have an impressive design for your presentation using Microsoft Powerpoint, but you are not that creative?
Worry no more!
Microsoft 365 has added a tool called Design Ideas or Powerpoint designer in Microsoft PowerPoint. It helps you create slides from auto-generated design ideas where you have lots of options to choose from.
At this point, only Office 365 subscribers have the access to the Design Ideas feature in Microsoft Powerpoint.
If you really want to use this tool and you are not a Microsoft 365 subscriber just keep on reading and let’s find out if there is a workaround that we can do.
Why is PowerPoint Design Ideas Useful?
It is important to have a valuable presentation but it’s great if your presentation is impressive not only in its content but in its design because sometimes it adds confidence on the side. Saving us a lot of time in order for us to concentrate more on what we want in our Presentation.
With creative design ideas, we have the following benefits.
1. Choose a lot of different designs, unique and professional layouts
It offers a wide variety of design choices based on what suits your needs. The PowerPoint Design for Windows and Mac gives you 8 design layouts. However, if you are not satisfied with the default 8 layouts the browser-based version or the PowerPoint online will give you up to 10 design ideas. You don’t need to format anything because all you need to do is to copy and paste your content on your slide and the PowerPoint Designer will take care of it.
The Designer will examine the contents of your slide and it will give you a variety of layouts to choose from. So, if you are in a hurry, just type in your contents on the slide and check what PowerPoint Design can give you!
2. Save a lot of time
Creating a design manually is such a pain and time-consuming. But this tool from Microsoft PowerPoint can definitely help save time at the same time creating a professional presentation which you can get a variety of options to choose from.
3. Automatically add illustrations and elements to your slides
The Design Ideas Tool in Microsoft Powerpoint lets you choose from the design suggested by just typing the word or phrase that matches the elements or an icon. Let’s say for example you want to add a flower, just type in the word and it will search from the Office 365 icons library and provides graphics, vectors, icons, images, colors, and fonts that go with the theme to create professional slides.
4. Convert text into graphics
Design Ideas recognizes your text formatting even if you don’t use bullet lists for example on your slide it will still recognize your list. It may also convert to a SmartArt graphic that can help you select the design that suits your theme.
5. Edit your slides
If the creative side comes out then you are probably not satisfied and want to enhance what the Design Ideas suggested you may do so. The good thing about this tool is that you have full control over your design even after it is applied to your slide. You can change however you want your slide to look.
What Are The Requirements To Use PowerPoint Design Ideas?
To use this tool in Powerpoint the following requirements should be met.
- As mentioned above only Office 365 subscribers have the access to the design ideas feature in Microsoft Powerpoint both for Windows and Mac.
- If you are not an Office 365 subscriber PowerPoint online or the web version can be used. Just have an online account in OneDrive and SharePoint.
- For iOS, the feature is only available on Ipad or Ipad Pro. This won’t work on iPhones.
- The feature is also missing on Android and Windows smartphones. You’ll need an Android or Windows Tablet Device to access it.
Not An Office 365 Subscriber But Want To Use The PowerPoint Design Ideas?
If you are planning to buy Microsoft Powerpoint software, you can buy at FastSoftwares. You can never go wrong with this especially if you are into a presentation. But what is a workaround that you can do to absolutely enjoy this feature?
- Sign up for a free account in Microsoft and you’ll have an automatic 5 GB OneDrive storage. If you already have an account just sign in to the same website.
- After creating account login your credentials to Office.com
- Click on the Office App Launcher and select PowerPoint to open the app on your browser. But you can go directly to powerpoint.office.com if you are already logged in.
- Once done, you’ll see the Design Ideas button when you go to the Design tab.
That’s one way how to enjoy and maximize the use of Design Ideas even if you don’t have a subscription yet on Office 365.
How To Enable Designer Tab In Microsoft PowerPoint
Now if you have an Office 365 subscription. Here’s the guide to enable your Designer Tab in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Click on File at the top left part of the screen, click on Options.
- In General Tab, you’ll see PowerPoint Designer options
- Make sure to turn on both options under the PowerPoint Designer
- Automatically show me design ideas
- Automatically show me suggestions when I create a new presentation
- Then click ok. Now the PowerPoint Design Idea is activated and fully functional on your PC.
You can now create creative yet professional designs on your presentation while not having consumed too much of your time.
Get Your Microsoft PowerPoint Now!
FastSoftwares is your trusted partner when it comes to Microsoft Office Software Products. We have team of experts that can assist you from buying process until your software is activated.
And FastSoftwares has a lifetime committed to serve you. We can’t wait to talk with you. Message us now!