If we could think of a browser with amazing performance, we think of one of the best and fastest browsers—Firefox Mozilla. You can download the Firefox browser for free and it is offered by the Mozilla Foundation. Firefox browser gives us enough satisfaction because it is fast even if the websites have loads of content.
Before we dive into finding how to speed up the Firefox browser, let us know first the difference between a browser and a search engine. The browser gets to take you anywhere on the internet while the search engine brings you to possible destinations by typing an idea of what you want to know.
Many of us use browsers on a daily basis because we have come to an era where technology is essential. We sometimes think that everything can be learned through browsing and we could not be wrong on that but sometimes we experience inconvenience in our browsers. We encounter problems like lagging and slowing down when browsing. Let us find out why these problems happen.
Why is Firefox Browser Slow?
Firefox Mozilla is giving us a great experience when browsing, but some users have reacted to the problems they encounter using the browser, and it seemed like they could not see any problem. How come it is slowing down? How do we fix browsers when we could not identify the issues that are making them slow?
You are experiencing a problem in your Firefox Mozilla browser, which is why you are currently reading this blog. We will help you with that.
For example, you update your phone to the latest version, install so many apps, and customize your device to make it look nicer. Some users do that and experience lagging and slowing down of their devices, and that also might be the cause of your problem with your browser— customization and many more.
Here are some ways to speed up your Firefox Mozilla browser for better performance:
Making sure that your Firefox is up-to-date is the easiest way to maintain speed up browsers. It is the simplest way that every developer puts up with so users do not have to think of a complicated way to have a better browsing experience.
1. Update Firefox
- Click the menu button in the upper right corner
- Click help, then next is About Firefox.
- Then, “Restart Firefox”
Clear your browsing history regularly. You can also choose private if you do not want your browsing history saved. In that case, you will never know or remember what you have browsed. Here are the steps.
2. Private browsing
- Type about:preferences#privacy in the address bar.
- Scroll down to history.
- Under History, choose Never remember history
- Clear history
- Clear data
- When Firefox is closed, delete cookies and site data
Another method we can do is to free up some space. This could actually help your device but it does not give assurance that it will not encounter problems later on, especially on older devices.
3. Free up memory or space
- Type about: memory in the address bar and click Enter.
- Click the Minimize Memory Usage button.
You will see “Memory minimization complete” after that.
Clearing your cache, cookies, and history can help in speeding up your browser.
If you look at the data that has been taken up by these three (cache, cookies, history), you will be shocked.
We surf the internet so much that we are not aware of the spaces they are taking up. Before clearing the spaces, you must be a hundred percent sure that there isn’t important data to be kept.
4. Clear Cache, Cookies, and History
- Click the “Options” at the top right corner.
- Look for “Privacy and Security” then click it.
- Scroll down then you will see “Cookies and Site Data”, click that.
- Tap “Clear Data” and a new box will pop up. Put an X in both the boxes then click “Clear”
- Scroll down and look for “History” click the tap “Clear History” button.
5. Disable Extensions
Firefox add-ons or extensions might be another reason why your browser is slowing down. Firefox extensions are customization of your browser. Disable your extensions by following the steps below.
- The extensions that you have installed have three dots on the right side, click those dots, then tap “Disable”
- After disabling the extensions, click on “Theme” and then choose “Default Theme” from the options.
Acceleration means to move faster, we can use it in speeding up Firefox so that the hardware will work quickly and efficiently.
6. Enable Hardware Acceleration
- Open Firefox, and then type “about preferences” into the address bar. Press the Enter key on your keyboard to be redirected to the preferences page.
- Stay on the General Tab, and then scroll down until you see the “Performance” section.
- Remove the check in the box “Use Recommended Performance Settings”
- Put a check inside the box for “Use Hardware Acceleration When Available”
- Set the limit to 8 at default if you have more than 8GB of RAM.
Browsing on Firefox without having any add-ons and themes can actually help. If it does help you, then Safe Mode might be the solution.
7. Safe Mode
- Open your Menu and click Help.
- Click “Restart with Add-on Disabled” and then tap Restart when you are given permission to restart your Firefox.
- Lastly, click “Start Safe Mode”
Any thoughts about the different ways how to speed up your Firefox Mozilla?
There you have it—seven ways to speed up your browser. Among all the seven ways that we mentioned in this blog, we hope that you could find at least one of the methods effective for your Firefox browser. We give you different methods to help you have a better Firefox browser performance and a more efficient browsing experience.
There are so many browsers out there. You can always try another to compare which browser works better for you. Anyway, all browsers sometimes have minor problems, including the Firefox browser, and these solutions help your daily browsing experience.
Fastsoftwares helps more users solve their technical problems.
We also provide a guide, from purchasing experience to using trusted products of Microsoft.
Visit Fastsoftwares today!