Why is it a must to install the Windows Update Assistant?
Is it that necessary to update Windows? The answer is yes. Installing the Windows Updates is important because this would include optimizations to make your Windows operating system and other Microsoft software run smoothly and securely.
It may be annoying to see the windows updating over and over again. Especially if you are rushing to work with your computer and yet, it is updating. Well, though it has a manual or you can schedule the Windows update, it can still be annoying Right?
If your Windows is an older version, your current system might still keep working for now, but it would surely run into problems over time, but worry no more. We are here to help.
Keep further reading as we dive into details as to how you can upgrade to Windows 10 using Update Assistant.
Activate Windows 10
Activating your Windows 10 helps verify that your Windows copy is genuine and hasn’t been used yet on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms.
You must link your Microsoft account with your license key to enable you to reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter when you make a significant hardware change.
If you want to update your Windows 10 now, below are the newly updated versions by servicing options:
Before you start updating your Windows 10, check first which Windows 10 is running on your device. It’s a must to have your Windows 10 license and the Creation Media Tool. Here’s how:
- Start with the Select Download tool, then select Run. Make sure you are the administrator so you can run this tool.
- Read the License terms page. If you accept the license terms, click Accept.
- When you reach the “On the What do you want to do?” page, click Upgrade this PC now, then click Next.
- After downloading and installing, the tool will guide you through how to set up Windows 10 on your PC. Then, you will see that all Windows 10 editions are available when you select Windows 10; one thing’s not there, though – the Enterprise edition.
- When you see that Windows 10 is now ready to install, a recap of what you have chosen, as well as what will be kept through the upgrade, click Change so you can decide what to keep to set whether you would like to Keep your files and your apps, or you might want to keep private files only, or you can choose Nothing during the upgrade.
- Then save and close any open apps and files currently running, and if you think everything is set and ready, you can now start by selecting Install.
- This might take some time to install Windows 10, so be patient for a while. After the installation is done, your PC will restart a few times. Just relax and wait for a couple of minutes until it’s done. And lastly, make sure you don’t turn off your PC yet because it is still working on the background.
Upgrading Windows 10 Using Update Assistant
An upgrade means that you want to improve your device’s older version of Windows, like Windows 7, Windows 8.1, to Windows 10.
The purpose of Windows 10 Update Assistant is to download and install feature updates on your device. It provides new functionality and helps your system be more secure.
What makes it easier with Windows 10 is that you can decide when and how you get the latest updates. With Update Assistant, it automatically helps you to follow and check for any upgrade available for Windows 10.
Although updating seems to cause you inconvenience, it is still advisable that you should too keep up to date with new. Here are the steps to you can follow through:
- Select Start >
- Go to Settings >
- Select Update & Security >
- Then select Windows Update >
- and then select Check for updates
It is recommended then that you always run the latest version of the software available whenever possible because older versions are prone to vulnerabilities.
Updating your Windows 10 also means that the latest fixes and security improvements will make your device run smoothly and efficiently as well as protected from attacks.
So, if you need to know which version of Windows 10 is running on your device, you can check for it quickly and easily. Type winver in the search box on the taskbar, select winver from the list of results.
Fixing Error Result During Update
When you get an error during an update, there are reasons why it happened. Here are a few tips that can help you locate the issue affecting your device.
- One main reason is that your device’s space might not have enough space. So, free up some space so you can run updates. Should your device have not enough space, you can use a USB flash drive for updating your device.
- Restart your PC to apply your installed updates.
- Run your Windows Update again by following these steps:
- Start >
- Settings >
- Update & Security >
- Windows Update >
- Check for updates
- If there are any external storage devices and drives other hardware plugged into your device that is not important for your updates, remove them first. You can rerun updates to see if this resolves the issue. If it is still the same, continue to the next tip.
- If you have software that are not that important, especially when it is outdated already, this may affect Windows upgrade. Need not worry, you can still reinstall it later after you are done with Windows upgrading.
Always Choose Fastsoftwares US When Buying Softwares Online
Buy your genuine Microsoft products only at fastsoftwares for the safety and security of your devices. Fastsoftwares is a Certified Microsoft Partner that aims to provide you a sense of assurance in your buying process until after you get your product key.
We offer fast shipping which can direct to your email inbox, quality products, discounts and return guarantees, and many more. Plus! Our expert support team has undergone and passed the Microsoft Certified Training Partner to provide accurate 24/7 support to our customers.
We are with you for a lifetime. Reach us today!