This product key is needed when we Install Windows.
In this article, we will be talking about the ways How to find Windows 10 Product Key.
Ways To Find Your Windows 10 Product Key
1. Using Command Prompt
- To find your product key open the command prompt. Just type cmd on the Windows search bar. Then right-click and click on ‘Run As Administrator.
- Once open, copy and type in the following command and then hit the Enter key:
3. Then you’ll see the 25 – digit product key.
Note: This method might not work on all computers. It will only work on computers where windows are installed. If you bought your computer and the Windows has already been installed product key is stored in your computer’s BIOS or UEFI firmware. That’s the time you can use the cmd method to retrieve the product key. If you installed your Windows on a different product key (if you have a digital license) then it won’t work on the current key that you’ve used to install on your computer.
But you can still find your Windows 10 Product Key by using the Windows Registry Method.
2. Using The Windows Registry Method
- Open the notepad by typing in on the Windows Search bar.
- Copy and paste this code into Notepad
3. Then, click on “File” and click “Save As.”
4. In File Explorer, click on the dropdown button and select “All Files” and type in the file name that is easier to remember. And have its file extension as .vbs (for example windows product key.vbs).
5. Once you’ve entered the filename just click on save.
6. Click on the Save File and a pop-up window will appear with the product key.
Note: You may search this method on the web, but it doesn’t give the real usable key on the latest version of Windows 10. If you encounter problems by using the Windows Registry you may opt to use the method we did above.
3. Using Third-Party Tool
This can be the easiest way to find and retrieve the Windows 10 Product Key by using the third party tool. Providers such as Belarc which has developed a relevant tool can be used.
Here Are The Steps For A Third-Party Tool Like Belarc to Find your Windows product key.
- Fill in your email address as you download the third-party software on the website
- Click to Install Belarc Advisor
- Run the tool.
- After the installation, it will automatically generate the product key.
If you bought a pre-built computer that came with Windows then you’ll see the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) license. You may also use the NeoSmart OEM product key utility if you want to retrieve the embedded product key from your computer. To start
- Go to neosmart.net
- Click on software on the middle right corner of the page.
- Click on the Windows OEM product key tool.
- Scroll down and click Download Now.
- Fill in your name and email address and click download.
- Once the download is done click on Open Folder
- Click OEM Key Application on the folder.
Note: If the product key is not shown it is because your computer doesn’t contain the embedded product key.
Another Thrid-Party Tool
- Open your browser and type in https://sites.google.com/site/cakirbey/softkeyrevealer
- Click on the highlighted blue color Soft Key Revealer located on the left side underneath Download Now Version.
- Once the download is done click on open the folder.
- After you’ve opened the folder right-click soft key revealer and click Extract Here.
- Let the program run. Once done Click on Soft Key Revealer Application.
- Click Scan and there you go it will reveal the product key.
There is also another Thrid-Party Tool that you may want to use
Just search for a Product key, this should be the best fit to work on the latest version of Windows 10. Run the program and follow the steps then you have now the means to retrieve the product key.
You might not need to retrieve your product key if you’ve linked your Microsoft Account to your Windows 10 product key. All you have to do is to log in with your account details.
You may also change your account from local to Microsoft if you want to activate a copy of windows. And the simplest thing to find your product key is to check it inside the box.
If we couldn’t find the product key you’ll be forced to buy a whole new license so to avoid that or Whichever methods you may want to use it’s always a best practice to keep or store the important things in a place where we can access them right away.
Do You Need Windows 10 Product Key?
If you are in need of a product key, FastSoftwares is your one-stop-stop Microsoft Software Product Keys.
We are team experts who are committed to serving you for a lifetime. Yes! It is for a lifetime because when you buy with FastSoftwares, we are with you from the time you buy until even after you buy.
We are easy to reach out for help. So contact us today! We are excited to serve you.