Are these two a different thing?
Are you confused what is the function of the two? If your answer is Yes, then you are not alone.
Let’s take a look at the definition.
What Are Microsoft Outlook And Office 365?
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager software system from Microsoft. It includes functions such as calendar management, email templates, task management, and automated scheduling. This is the one that is installed on your computer.
Outlook Web App (aka OWA) on the other hand is a cloud-based collaboration tool. That can be accessible in one login anywhere you are as long as you have an internet connection. It provides secure storage of files and can connect teams through shared calendars, messaging, and conferencing platforms. It is also known as “Outlook for Office 365.”
Benefits Of Using Microsoft Outlook
- You can draft and emails offline
- You can custom dictionary
- Can integrate easily with other MS Office applications
- Can access the ‘To Do’ bar
- Can easily view mailbox quota
Benefits Of Using Outlook For Office 365
- There is no need for additional software configuration
- Can work with low spec computer
- Can be used on any platform or OS that is capable of web browsing
- Can work anywhere as long as an internet connection is available
Now that we differentiate the two I hope it now gives you an idea of which is best suited for you.
How To Set Up Outlook 365 From Microsoft Office
If you are setting up Office 365 for the very first time, the loading screen may last a while depending on the speed of your internet connection, so have your patience with you. If you have used outlook to set up an email account you can just add another and just go to an account information page and click on the Add account button. The setup will follow the manual steps.
To begin the outlook Setup, you need first to get the IMAP or Pop Server Settings for your email account, you should have an email account first before setting up the Outlook.
- You need to decide which protocol to use, Outlook can use either IMAP or Pop 3. IMAP allows you to organize emails into folders and mail is served on the server. POP 3 can’t organize mail on a separate folder, all new mail is delivered into the inbox and you’re going to have an option to have the copy of mail on the server. Otherwise, the mail is delivered to your device and not saved on the server.
- You can find the email setting by going to your CPanel, click on Email Account then click the connect device button your configuring Outlook to use. The email settings will be the same for all the email account in the CPanel account.
- On your Mail Settings, you’ll see the options to use. The blue box is the security settings and the yellow box is the not secure settings. So to make sure, click on the blue box. Copy the username, password, incoming and outgoing server URL.
- Click on the Outlook Application in the Start Menu for Windows, if you never set up an outlook before, a window will appear that will ask you to enter the email address for your account. Click Set up the account manually.
- Click on the blue button on the bottom labeled connect.
Note: If you don’t see the option to manually set up your account, click on the drop-down button for advanced options. Then click IMAP or POP on either of these options.
- Fill in the configuration we copied on the above steps.
Note: When using the security options make sure the encryption method is set to SSL/tls. Don’t check on the check box, this won’t be needed for Incoming and Outgoing settings.
- Once you have fill in the correct settings. Click on Next. The outlook may take a few minutes to update. Once done now it is ready to use.
When you open Outlook you’ll see the email listed on the left corner. If you need changes to your account just right-click on your account name and click on the Account Properties and select the drop-down arrow on your settings.
Shortcut Keys For Microsoft Outlook In Office 365
Here are some Outlook keyboard shortcuts that you can use:
- To Display the Outlook in Mail View press Ctrl + 1.
- To Create a New Email Message press Ctrl + Shift + M.
- To Add and Create a New contact press Ctrl + Shift C.
- To Send your message press Ctrl + Enter.
- To move the cursor to compose the email content press on the Tab Key
- To create a new meeting request press Ctrl+Shift+Q.
- To switch to the Inbox folder press Ctrl+Shift+I
- To reply to a message Ctrl+R
- To reply to all messages press Ctrl+Shift+R.
- To display the “Go to Folder press Ctrl+Y
- To Insert a File press “AF”.
Buy Microsoft Office Outlook 365 Today!
There are many things you can do on Outlook one could be sending automatic replies. If you are looking for an affordable Microsoft Application license Fast Softwares offers licensed on Microsoft products and depending on your unique needs — all paired with Fast Softwares excellent customer support.
FastSoftwares has a team of experts that can assist with any technical needs you have. Connect with FastSoftwares today.