If you are one of those Windows enthusiasts but don’t have the time to keep up with Windows updates, here’s one you can’t resist knowing. It’s a kind of program called Windows Setup Remediations or “(KB4023057)” that appears on many users’ lists.
Windows Setup Remediations is a Windows servicing stack update that can be annoying at times as it appears. Its primary function is to free some spaces in your computer, update and fixes corrupt updates. So, it is not a virus.
For many, this sounds alarming, though, but read this article first so you won’t fret out.
What is Windows Set Up Remediations?
The Windows Setup Remediations was a new update from Microsoft in 2019. You might find it confusing and might be taking it by mistake for a virus. It installs on its own, and you can’t even see it on your Windows update list or catalogue. You may find it weird, but it includes reliability and improvements. It’s just one of those many parts of Windows that allows you a seamless experience that Windows can provide.
The main goal of KB4023057 is to exceed the quality of your Windows update, including files and resources addressing issues that affect the update processes in Windows 10. Changes on your system like fixing corrupt Windows files and requesting your device to stay awake longer to enable installation of updates, changing network settings, as well as other changes to fix problems in Windows Update itself.
The Windows Setup Remediations updates itself before or during Windows Update. It also contains essential files needed in making an update to the latest version of Windows. This program may also show up as a part of the sedsvc.exe process, found in the C:Program Filesrempl folder.
Is Windows Set-up Remediations Safe?
If you find that this Windows Setup remediation is weird, then better keep reading first before deciding to click that uninstall button on your computer. Always remember, without Windows Setup Remediations, there is no guarantee that your updates in the future will go smoothly and as efficiently as it was before.
So, to answer that question running in your mind, Windows Setup Remediations is entirely safe, and you better leave it alone. If you decide on removing Windows Setup Remediations, skip to the How to remove Windows Setup Remediations section.
Facts How Windows Setup Remediations Works for You
- Windows Setup Remediations can request your device to operate and stay awake longer to install updates.
- The installation will respect any user-configured sleep configurations and your “active hours” when using your device the most.
- Reset network settings if problems are detected.
- Clean up Registry keys preventing updates from being installed successfully.
- Updates happen by the Windows Setup Remediations repair disabled or corrupted Windows components like its Operating System, which impact the applicability of Windows updates.
- Windows Setup Remediations compresses files in your user profile directory which will help to free up enough disk space to install important updates.
- Reset the Windows Update database and repair problems. It means it repairs the issues that could prevent Windows updates from installing successfully. It also clears your Windows Update History
Removing Windows Set Up Remediations
Maybe you want to ask, “Is it possible to remove Windows SetUp Remediations? The answer is YES! You can remove the Windows Setup Remediations just like any other program you have.
But bear in mind that deleting or removing your Windows Setup Remediations is not recommended since it helps authenticate your Windows Update.
Even if you have removed the program, it will still show up during the Windows update again. Besides, knowing the functions of Windows Setup Remediations and you still want to uninstall Windows Set-up Remediation from your computer’s system, here’s how:
Uninstalling Windows Set Up Remediations
- On your screen, click the Windows icon, then choose Settings (the one with a gear icon)
- Click on Apps & features.
- Click the Window Setup Remediation (KB4023057), then select Uninstall
- Wait till the uninstallation process finish.
Tip For You: If you have done everything and still none of the methods had worked for you, try using Restoro Repair Tool, which can scan the repositories to replace corrupt and missing files. It also can optimize your system for maximum performance.
We hope that this article has helped you teach you what you need to know about Windows Setup Remediations.
You may also visit the Microsoft Office page for other information about the Windows Setup Remediations.
Visit Our Page
FastSoftwares is a certified Microsoft Partner. Being part of the Microsoft Partner Network, we have access to the latest Microsoft software technologies and training.
That’s why FastSoftwares have the best customer support as we have the experts trained by Microsoft. Our products are genuine because we are aware that money and time are precious to you.
Nothing beats Fastsoftwares when it comes to pricing, delivery and customer services, for we are with you for a lifetime.
Reach us today!